What Are Cookies
Cookies are tiny files that are downloaded to your computer to improve your experience when using a website. They’re widely used. This page describes what information we gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies on your device. We will also let you know how you can prevent these cookies from being stored. However, preventing cookie storage may cause the website not to work as designed or prevent you from using all the features.
For comprehensive information about cookies Wikipedia provides a useful article.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies may cause this website not to work as designed or prevent you from using all the features. Therefore it’s recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies – If you create a customer account with us cookies will be used for management of the signup process. These cookies will usually be deleted when you log out however in some cases they may remain afterwards to remember your site preferences when logged out.
- Email newsletter related cookies – This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed / unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies – This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies – When you submit data through a form such as the one found on our contact page or email signup form cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics, one of the most widespread and trusted analytics systems on the web. We use it to help understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. The cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit. We may use this information to tailor and develop new and engaging content to appeal to visitors such as you. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We may also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.